FAIR for facilities
This first online workshop in a series of two aimed at PaN instrument scientists and other facility staff provides an overview of FAIR – data that are findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable. We consider key questions related to the data facilities produce:
- What is FAIR?
- What’s the difference between FAIR and Open?
- What are the benefits of FAIR for the photon and neutron community?
- How do I start to make data FAIR?
Examples from a range of facilities connect the concept of FAIR to practice, highlighting the vital role facilities play in supporting FAIR for photon and neutron research.
Video content and timing:
- Welcome and workshop agenda - 01:20
- What is FAIR? Open versus FAIR – what’s the difference? - 08:50
- Relevance and benefits for PaN community? - 30:00
- DOIs for data, data citation, and the value of linking, e.g. data to data, data to publications - 40:00
- ESRF - 45:30
- Diamond - 57:00
- DESY - 1:06:30
- Q&A session - 1:16:40
- Workshop wrap up and close
Keywords: FAIR, research data, wp2-ExPaNDS
Resource type: video
Target audience: PaN Community, instrument scientist, facility staff
Difficulty level: Easy
Licence: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
- ExPaNDS FAIR workshop (ended)